UTSA students enrolled in the Study Abroad program through Education Abroad Services can consider the Patriot Travel plan. The Patriot plans offer comprehensive coverage outside the student’s home country. Coverage includes doctor visits, hospitalization, prescription and surgery. Members can access an International Providers Directory to locate service providers around the world.
The plan features:
- Policy Limit of $100,000 for medical expenses.
- Deductible of $0 (this means that the insurance company can start making claims payment from the first medical expense incurred by the student)
- The plan pays 100% of eligible expenses outside USA & Canada
- Medical evacuation is covered up to $500,000
- Repatriation is covered up to $50,0000
- Plan offers both inpatient and outpatient coverage benefits
You can review the Study Abroad Patriot plan brochure at http://www.utsainsurance.com/brochures/study-abroad-insurance/
The plan is underwritten by Sirius International and the claims are administered by International Medical Group in Indianapolis, IN.
Students can purchase the plan online and immediately obtain (online) their ID card and ‘Declaration of Coverage’ certificate. Besides, both these documents will be emailed and available for online download through the Client Zone.